Messy Church is starting at Wath Parish Church. It is a form of church for children and adults that involves creativity, celebration, and hospitality.Messy Church Poster Oct 2021
- It’s primarily for people who don’t already belong to another form of church.
- It meets at a time (and sometimes in a place) that suits people who don’t already belong to church.
- It typically includes a welcome, a long creative time to explore the biblical theme through getting messy; a short celebration time involving story, prayer, song, games and similar; and a sit-down meal together at tables. All elements are for, and should include, people of all ages, adults and children.
- It’s fun.
- It’s a church for people at all stages of their faith journey and of any age – a congregation that is as valuable and worthy of investment as any of your other congregations.
- It models and promotes good ways of growing as a family: a nuclear family, an extended family, and a global and local church family.
- Its aim is to introduce Jesus, to give an opportunity to encounter him and to grow closer to him.
- Messy Church is part of BRF (Bible Reading fellowship) which believes, with the historic churches, in one God, who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Messy Church is resourced, supported and enabled by BRF.
- Most Messy Churches meet once a month, although a few meet more frequently or more occasionally.
“Messy Church is an all-age fresh expression of church that offers counter-cultural transformation of family life through families coming together to be, to make, to eat and to celebrate God”
Claire Dalpra, The Sheffield Centre
Hopefully this will be a wonderful opportunity to make church more accessible for all. I do hope you’re able to come along.